Wondering here and there whether it is possible to convert your Ecommerce store from Magento to Shopify easily. Several questions come to mind about why powerful ecommerce stores migration magneto to Shopify. However, more and more merchant are moving their business to the Shopify platform because of its fantastic user-friendly, flexible features. Migration Magento to Shopify is like moving one house from one location to another. Any owner not to worry about the all data of site.
Before moving forward today here we will complete the guide for Migration Magento to Shopify. However, this blog will be highly helpful for website migration without any loss of data. So not to wait. Let’s have a deep dive into Migration Magento To Shopify.
Why Should you Migrate from Magento to Shopify?
Switching to Shopify will be a decent move for you to run and deal with a web-based store. Whether you do the migration Magento to Shopify yourself or you hire help from experts. The requirement highly depends upon you. We are right here, momentarily making sense of a portion of why you should migrate from Magento to Shopify.
Obviously, you are planning to move your online store to Shopify as you are here. However, you are right to Shopify corner. There are a lot of things you require to be aware of Shopify. Shopify is one of the most outstanding eCommerce platforms. It comes loaded with a bright range of valuable elements that licenses us to make unmistakable online stores holding required sizes and shapes.
Now it’s time to know why anyone should migrate from Magento to Shopify. Let’s take a deep dive.
First and foremost, Shopify was created determined to help entrepreneurs fabricate and deal with their online stores. Moreover, changing to Shopify will make your business interaction more direct and simpler than some other stage. Changing to Shopify carries a ton of advantages to your business. After switching to Shopify, you will have your online store with less effort and time to maintain.
Reality shows that the expense to keep a store on Shopify is lower and less expensive than the cost in the market today. Clearly, this is an extraordinary expense marketing strategy for any online store. However, it’s perfect because Shopify offers a great security system contrasted to some other stages. Additionally, you can likewise profit from the wide scope of additional products, applications and different highlights accessible on Shopify.
So, this is why anyone should migrate from Magento to Shopify.
Step by Step Complete Guide on How to Migrate from Magento to Shopify
How to migrate from Magento to Shopify. Several questions come to mind about how it will happen, whether fear of losing data. We can say that migrating your online store is like shifting a house from one location to another. No worries, you can transfer all your stuff very safely.
If you decide to do it, it’s time to prepare for the migration process. It needs you to overcome some challenges during the whole migration process. Remember that you should hire the best Shopify expert for migration magneto to Shopify. When moving to a new house, it is essential not to damage or lose anything, mainly data, existing structure, etc.
After knowing why you should migrate Magento to Shopify, we will move to the next stage. Here is the complete guide on Migration Magento to Shopify.
Migrate from Magento to Shopify in only 7 steps.
Step-1: Develop Shopify Account
First, an easy startup. You can visit Shopify and Click Start free trial to try the platform for a few days. The Trail periods permit you to familiarise yourself with the powerful ecommerce tools before making a commitment. The best Shopify has all features you require for starting a new business. Shopify offers the best choice of tools that makes it ideal for growing your business. However, Shopify has advanced tools to help scale your business to the next level. So the first step for the migrate Magento to Shopify.
Step-2: Take Backup of your Magento Store
Before making a migration from Magento to Shopify, you must make sure that your data is stored in a safe and secure place. So need to take a backup first before moving further.
Also good to read: – WordPress vs. Shopify
There are the following steps to create a backup in the Magento store.
- Log in to the Admin panel, and click System. In the tools section, choose backups.
- In the second step, tap the button in the upper right corner to select the type of backup you want to generate.
- System Backup It assists you with making a full backup of the relative all data and file systems on the store.
- Database and Media Backup: It permits making a specific backup of the media folders and the database.
- Database Backup: It only just makes a backup of the database.
Step-3: Download the Store Import App
Shopify Apps store holds thousands of apps. You can select one that may help in moving your data seamlessly. However, it is very easy to use an app when migrating Magneto to Shopify.
You can download it from the Shopify admin page, choose Apps, simple clicks “Apps,” then import store and follow the instructions. There are various apps available for importing data into the Shopify store.
Step-4: Export Data from Magento
Now it’s time to export your data from Magento. It can also say by transferring to your new home. A few little steps below will complete the data export process.
- List Item Text
- In the Export setting, you set the entity type to one of the following options from 3 one.
- Customers Main file
- Customer address
The import process is done through CSV or XML File to be repeated for each of these entities when required.
Step-5: Import your Store Data to Shopify
Till this point, all data has been imported into the Shopify store. However, it only requires doing a few more steps, and you’re done.
- On the off chance that you are applying the Shopify Store Importer App.
- Kindly go to the Shopify admin page and explore to Apps -> Import Store
- Select your platform option as Other as Magneto is not listed in the default.
- Select the CSV file you have exported from your Magneto store
- Continue to click on import to complete
Several questions come to mind now about how to import products separately then.
- Go To Shopify admin, click on products > All products
- Click on Import
- Click Add file and add products CSV file and at last click on upload file.
Now import customers separately, then.
- Go to Shopify admin, click on customers
- Click on Import customers
- Click Add file, select your customer CSV file, and finally click Import customers.
However, migrated orders will be linked to their associated products and customers. You can access the customer and also access the complete transaction history.
Step-6: Review Imported Data
With Shopify, it’s super.
There is some common issue that is necessary that you will notice on reviewing the imported data.
- Successful import with minor changes to your data : – In this step, you can edit the imported information manually by clicking, and then you also edit manually.
- Historical orders : – Check to see if your product and customer import was successful. However, you can also add them manually from the import option.
- Failed to import bundled product: – You can add these products manually or use the product bundling app from Shopify.
- Product imported but unpublished : – If you had a few products on Magneto set to hide, then you’ll have to reset the product visibility to Shopify if you want your customers to find them.
Also good to read: – Prestashop vs. Shopify Why Shopify is best than Prestashop
- Tag added to imported records : – Tag will be added to the imported record in the following structure.
- Sometimes, the product variants fail to import : – If an imported product displays size information but not its colour, it’s not imported successfully. You require to import that product manually utilizing the method mentioned above.
- Imported products have no dimensions : – Only add the correct dimension from the product description page.
- Digital products imported successfully but are not published : – If you are required to sell digital products in Shopify, you must install a specific Shopify app.
Step-7: Design your Shopify Store
Now lastly, it is the ideal time to beautify your Shopify store. Shopify is a simple stage to customize with Magento. It offers various pre-made themes and numerous visual ideas that assist you with planning an eye-catching and beautiful online store.
Shopify has 10 free themes and 64 premium, paid themes to choose from. One more thing, don’t worry about their compatibility on mobile devices either, as all themes are mobile responsive. Presently we’re going from information to plan. Shopify is very simpler than Magneto and helps you to generate a beautiful online store to suit your business.
Why Migrate your Magneto to Shopify with Webplanex?
All highly believe that a stress-free transition from Magento to Shopify is conceivable! We evaluate the time period of each venture as it might require between two weeks to finish. We do our best to accelerate the course of the movement to Shopify.
- Business Data migration
- Setup of apps
- Third-party integration setup
- Design implementation
- Custom functionality
Depending on the complexity of your migration, you might choose to utilise a programmed service. On the other hand, you might understand that you want a complex approach and professional assistance. However, we trust that you decide to utilize the migration offered by our webplanex.
Our expert professional will reach you at a time convenient for you and answer any inquiries that you might have. With Webplanex, site migration turns into a hurdle-free journey, as webplanex takes care of everything. You should simply go with a choice and contact our representative.
Migrating from Magento to Shopify at a Low Cost
Partnering with the perfect technical migration expert is more costly than manual migration. However, investing in a long-term relationship with the latest advanced technology partner can help you optimize your migration process. You will receive the best value from your association’s tools, platforms, and stages. In addition, migration is one of the most critical steps you can take toward increasing your store’s performance and efficiency.
Ensure you focus on arranging and examination with the support of a qualified migration partner to help and receive the best result. Moreover, Webplanex enables you migration Magento to Shopify effortlessly at a low cost.
In conclusion, you have decided to move forward. You should know before migrating your store from Magento to Shopify. Following the means above all the steps that how to migrate Magneto to Shopify without any mistake and fast. Lots of questions strike your mind how will you conduct your migration process. However, if you still find it more challenging to migrate Magento to Shopify, you can connect to Webplanex. Webplanex is a having years of experience in this field.
Can I migrate my database from Magento to Shopify?
Yes, you can migrate the database from Magento to Shopify so there is no worries about the data.
What factors is necessary when migrating my website from Magneto to shopify?
There are few factors to redirect your URL that your customers can find your new shopify site easily.